Motorhome hire or Campervan Hire ?

Motorhome Hire Scotland

Flicking through the pages of statistics for this site, we can see that 30% of the visitors are looking for campervan hire in Scotland, The other 70% are looking for Motorhome Hire / rental Scotland which is great news because that is what we have here, lots and lots of motorhomes to hire. But hang on a minute, what is the difference between a campervan hire and a motorhome hire?

There are some subtle differences between a campervan and a motorhome but here we Motorhome Hire Scotlandtend to use both terms when people ask about campervan hire. Generally we consider campervan and motorhome are interchangable terms as they both refer to vehicles which provide transport and accommodation in one. Here is the more official version…

A Motorhome is a motor vehicle built on a van or bus chassis and designed to serve as self contained living areas for recreational travel. There is normally a divide between the cab and the living areas behind, which contain sleeping space, washroom and kitchen facilities.

Motorhome Hire Scotland

Motorhomes which we often think could definitely not be called campervans are the more luxurious vehicles such as the Carioca 656 and the Rollerteam 707, Carioca 707.

A Campervan is a van equipped as a self-contained travelling home, they are normally smaller than a motorhome. There is generally no divide between the cab and the living area. It has basic facilities for cooking, washing, and sleeping. A nice example of what we would tend to call a campervan is the Trigano Tribute range, which drive just like a car and provide everything you will ever need for a couple.

So that’s the definitions sorted out, all you need to do now is call us up on 01738 580755 or apply for your campervan hire online at

http://www.scottishtourer.co.uk

Motorhome Hire Scotland

Updated by at .

Leave a Reply